Mr. Charles W. Ferguson
Founder & CEO
Mr. Charles W. Ferguson, is the Founder and CEO of The National Independence Day Parade, founding organization of the Old Glory Choir. He is the newly elected president of the Culpeper, VA NAACP and is also an ordained Deacon at the Rising Zion Baptist Church, Jeffersonton, VA. The National Independence Day Parade, Inc. was formed in 1978 during the administration of President Jimmy Carter and was incorporated in 1981 as a non-profit corporation.
Mr. Ferguson is a United States Army Veteran and graduated from Federal City College in Washington, D.C. and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration.
Included in Mr. Ferguson's 34 years of outdoor entertainment business experience, he has served as:
- Chairman and Director of the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, Washington, DC
- Advisor to The Hispanic Festival, Washington, DC
- St. Patrick's Day Parade, Washington, DC
- Independence Day Celebration, St. Augustine, FL
- Philadelphia Freedom Parade, Philadelphia PA
- Dundalk Independence Day Festival, Baltimore MD
- Columbus Day Festival, Boston MA
Mr. Ferguson has also been a member of the:
- United States Chamber of Commerce
- Toastmasters International
- Boy Scouts of America
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- The National Association of Patriotic Organizations
- United States Jaycees, and many more.